Head of Credit Risk
Currently seeking an experienced Head of Credit Risk with strong collections and technical systems exposure to join our client operating in the financial services space across Africa.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful individual will be responsible for all policies and procedures related to the credit, risk and collections functions of the group across all countries of operation.
- Act as the main point of contact for regional collections teams and legal partners
- Take charge of drafting, recommending, updating and implementing changes required for credit, risk and collections strategies.
- Develop, maintain and review risk models for products in various countries.
- Implement necessary interventions to ensure compliance with relevant legislations in countries of operation to reduce the risk of failed collections.
- Take relevant steps to reduce market segment risks that could have an impact on payment and collections.
- Conduct reviews to assist in making sound recommendations to the technical advisory committee regarding credit policies and collections processes.
- Ensure the correct strategies are defined and implemented across all countries to maintain loan book impairments within budgeted rates.
- Relevant BCom Degree or higher.
- 10+ years relevant experience in a similar role within financial services.
- Highly analytical and tech savvy with the ability to get involved with new systems implementations.
- Previous exposure to microfinance would be highly advantageous.
- Experience and strong knowledge of collections is essential.
- Strong understanding of the legal and compliance aspects linked to collections.
- Expertise in developing workflows and scoring models.
- Strong experience in risk modelling and data analytics.
- Exposure to Africa or experience within a multinational will be highly advantageous.
- Willing to work on site 5 days per week in Sandton, Johannesburg.
- Open to travelling for work as needed.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role. Please do continue to follow us online and apply for suitable opportunities.