Tax Manager (EE Only)
Salary: Market Related
Are you a qualified CA(SA) with a post graduate qualification in tax with roughly eight years taxation experience? This might very well be the next step in your career you have been waiting for!
This position reports into the Group Tax Manager and forms part of the Business Development space.
Key performance areas:
Advise and assist business operations and new business development initiatives on all tax matters (cross border taxes, Excise, VAT and Corporate Tax).
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Problem solver – proactive thinker with practical solutions, risk-minded, and with a business and financial orientation.
- Professional skills – strong interpersonal skills, builds and nurtures cross functional relationships, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion.
- Customer service orientated – proactively manages internal customer relationships, identifies gaps in service and manages resources to meet or exceed expectations, sets high standards and expects high performance of self, closely linked to and supports the priorities of the business.
- Integrity – strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies.
- Project management – strong planning and organisational skills, accepts ownership of and accountability for tasks, self-starter, self-directs personal work efforts, and quality process minded.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Commercial degree with Accounting (CA (SA)), completed articles and post graduate qualification in tax or equivalent.
- 8 years taxation experience, most of which should have been post qualification.
- Strong technical knowledge in all areas of corporate tax, and knowledge of accounting for income tax.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Skilled at Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience of international tax principles (including Africa)
- Big 4 accounting experience
A full detailed job description will be provided to candidates who fit the above requirements
Should you comply with the about requirements, please email me a full detailed CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this is an Employment Equity position and preference will be given to PDI candidates.