SARS had commenced with an integrated audit in February 2014 of the SA group covering all tax types (income tax, customs, VAT, PAYE, excise). This is in addition to the current transfer pricing audit that commenced since 2010. A contractor is required to assist with all aspects of the SARS audit.
- Assisting with the collation of information from business units and the review of same to ensure that it meets SARS’s requirements;
- Submission of information to SARS after the review of the Tax and Treasury Manager within the tight timelines provided by SARS;
- Assist with managing the audit when SARS commences the field audit phase;
- Completion of the validation exercise for the 2013/2014 Technical and Advisory Fee payments to the UK as part of the BATSA transfer pricing review;
- Ad hoc assistance with the 2014 tax returns to be submitted to SARS;
- Completion of tax section of head office reporting packs;
- Accounting entries associated with any of the tasks noted above and related account reconciliations;
- Preparation for, presenting at, and maintaining of minutes for tax committee meetings;
- Determination of cash flows to determine dividend distribution and interest payment capacity (uploaded onto the accounting system for reporting purposes)
- B.Com Accounting/ relevant accounting degree
- Experience on SAP
- Excel MS Word and Excel
- Working experience in Tax and SARS submissions
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Planning & Organisation skills
- Professional writing skills
- Ability to work well with peers and senior management within the Tax department and across other functions.
Interested candidates to please submit CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.